Tracking My Progress

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Time to Simplify

I'm so overwhelmed lately. My own fault, of course, but that doesn't make it any easier to handle. However, the night class that I signed up for will be over the week before Thanksgiving, I've asked to be released from some church obligations, and when all of that comes through, I'll be feeling much better about my time available for my family and for myself, personally. Right now, I'm not getting enough sleep, I have a lot of homework, and some personal issues at home have me feeling anxious.

Then there's the (dang) food. Can I possibly insult my bodily systems any more? (Well, yes, I guess... but I don't do alcohol, cigarettes, or other addictive vices such as these anymore. it's all about the (dang) food... )

I've only worked out about 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Pathetic! So far, I haven't gained back anything... I guess I *am* actually watching what I eat, sort of ... but that won't last long if I don't get back on track soon.

My daughter and I went to Sacramento recently to visit my sister and her family. It was the occasion of one of my nephews' birthday - Jared, who is actually deceased - and so part of the visit was rather somber. But I so enjoyed visiting with them! Even her oldest son Ted was there, living there, and her oldest daughter Rachel came out from college for the weekend. Wish my son JR could have come with us, but he's in some hard times right now and couldn't leave work.

I'm really looking forward to getting off this wacky schedule and getting back into the routine to get healthier. And to have more time with my family, and to keep my house in order. Honestly, my living room is a disaster area that the dogs have decided belongs to them. Gotta get that taken care of! Rotten dogs...

I'm just so tired.

No comments: